First they’ll criticize our slang. Make us seem uneducated for using it, when the reality is they’re mad we can code switch. Then they’ll use our slang mockingly. Like they really don’t want to use it, but it’s so absurd they can’t help themselves. Then they’ll make money off our slang, t-shirts, cups, bracelets, etc. Then they’ll convince us it was never really ours. It’s been public domain forever.
Feel free to replace the word “Slang” with neighborhoods, and music too.
- what disabled people consider accessibility: wheelchair ramps, elevators, stairs that aren't steep & contain breaks, braille, seeing eye dogs/assistant dogs, ergonomic workspaces, easy to grip tools, closed captions, resources in close proximity to each other, class note-takers, recording devices for lectures, medication, level ground, assisted learning, larger bathroom stalls with bars, quiet spaces (for sensory overload), lower workloads, being allowed time off work or school, just to name very very few
- what able-bodied people consider accessibility: "just put wheelchair ramps everywhere!!!"
Whoever said that a tragedy brings a family together truly wasn’t lying.
A fire swept through the family home a fortnight ago and we are still feeling the after shock. Basic things you take for granted is no longer accessible and all those priceless mementoes are lost forever
The countless blessings enable us to be grateful for what we do have, which is most importantly, one another.
We are attempting to piece things back together, so any assistance that could be offered would be appreciated.
Thank you xx
You harassed a trans girl.
You’ll get hate for that tonight, then everyone will forget about the injustice you’ve done.
But she, and all trans people, will get that every night. There will always be people misgendering, using slurs against, and doing horrible things to us.
So stop acting like you’re the one being wronged.
so my cat is meowing like crazy in the kitchen and so i go to see whats up and i walk in on this
so naturally im like “what the fucking hell” and go and look out the window and
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
THIS IS NOT ROMEO AND JULIET GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY PORCH
An overwhelming majority of us come from dysfunctional families in which we were taught we were not okay, where we were shamed, verbally and/or physically abused, and emotionally neglected even as were also taught to believe that we were loved. For most folks it is just too threatening to embrace a definition of love that would no longer enable us to see love as present in our families. Too many of us need to cling to a notion of love that either makes abuse acceptable or at least makes it seem that whatever happened was not that bad.
keeptemp0 asked: You see, the problem is that when you use the term “white people”, you are inadvertently being racist. You can’t categorize us like that. If you really wanted to claim yourself as an anti-racist, you have to rid yourself of this condition that you have been told to believe and realize, we are all human. You can’t try to mediate a war and abolish racism if you are in fact a facet of said racism. So, go belly flop on a beehive you one sided prick.
When I use the term “White people”, this is what I’m doing:
- Addressing you
When I use the term “White people”, this is what I’m not doing:
- Ripping you from your homeland
- Sailing you across an ocean like cargo
- Selling you off as slaves
- Forcing you to follow a bullshit religion
- Feeding you pig slop
- Beating you because I feel like it
- Raping your daughter
- Raping your mother
- Raping your sister
- Mutilating your body when you try to run away
- Passing laws that declare you to be 3/5 of a human being
- Preventing you from voting
- Firebombing your home
- Gathering a mob to lynch you in the streets with legal impunity
- Keeping you in the ghetto
- Chasing you with dogs
- Preventing you from going to certain schools
- Murdering your leaders who speak out against the tyranny of my people
- Encouraging my police officers to target you, and run you through our prisons like clockwork
- Profile you, whether you’re wearing a suit and tie, or baggy jeans and a hoodie
- Shooting you because I was following you and you got scared and attacked me
Because that would be racist.
Oh no you didn’t.. Ha! ✌️👍✊